Re: ACPI problems with kernel 2.6.x for Dell Inspiron 4100

Thanks for your help. A short followup. Only the alsa problems remain,
see below. Kernels tested are 2.6.8 and 2.6.9.

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 22:07 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> I'm very sorry for sending to this list. I admit that debian-kernel is
> more appropriate.
>
> On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 11:31 +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
> >      Hi,
> >  I think you're slightly off-topic, I don't see the point of harassing
> >  debian-devel with such messages, there's a debian-kernel list, or acpi
> >  and kernel related lists outside of Debian.  Did you check the upstream
> >  BTS?

Yes, I did.

> > > The battery monitor shows the following problem:
> > > Can't access ACPI events in /var/run/acpid.socket!
> > > Make sure the ACPI subsystem is working and acpid daemon is running.
> >
> >  And?  Did you check wether acpid was running?

You were right, I did not have acpid installed. Works perfectly.

> >  Anyway, try disabling ACPI IRQ detection with "acpi=noirq", I have no
> >  idea wether that will help though.

Yes it does. A warning is issued though, device ... does not match PIRQ
mask, try pci=usepirqmask. Also pci=noacpi works. Now IRQ 11 is
allocated to the sound card Intel 82801CA-ICH3, shared with other
devices. No effort is made to try to allocate IRQ7 (used by parport 0).
IRQ9 is allocated to ACPI.