Re: Kernel Patch for kswapd bug in 2.6.9

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 11:45:11AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 10:58:22PM +0000, Sam Halliday wrote:
> > hi there,
> >
> > the following is an email suggesting a fix for a nasty bug in the vanilla
> > 2.6.9 kernel:
> >   http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0410.3/0086.html
> > the patch is here
> > http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.9/2.6.9-ck3/patches/vm-pages_scanned-active_list.patch
> >
> > are debian going to add this to their list of kernel patches?
>
> Try asking on the debian-kernel mailing list, or maybe even filling a bug
> report about this. Anyway, i am CCing debian-kernel about this now. I haven't
> investigated this myself yet though.

That seems fine to me. I note that it has been accepted upstream.
I will put it into the 2.6.9 SVN tree, others can remove it as need be.

I also note that change and several other simmilarly serious ones
apply to 2.6.8. I will do some more research on this and report back.

--
Horms