80386, first try

Hi.

Tonight I sucessfully tested the i386 upgrade path.

First I backported modutils, initrd-tools and cramfsprogs to
woody. I combined this with the current 2.4.27-386 kernel
image and uploaded this all to http://higgs.djpig.de/upgrade-i386/

Later on I also began to write a little HOWTO on the upgrade procedure
which can be found there, too.

I then made dist-upgrade from woody to sarge which seems to behave
fine until now.

As requested by the kernel team I will make the machine available per
ssh. Details when it's done (Perhaps I will first try to install
sarge directly via d-i, just for the fun of it. With 32MB of RAM this
may work :)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>