Re: Question about Plasma 5.27.5 and Frameworks 5.106

Hi,

Martin Steigerwald - 19.05.23, 09:00:37 CEST:
> Luc Castermans - 16.05.23, 07:11:33 CEST:
> > On top and for the record.
> >
> > I installed all of KDE, plasma 5.25.5 etc. from Experimental
> > yesterday. The upgrade went smooth, all worked well.
>
> Installing as well.
>
> I don't know whether it helps if some users "vote" for its stability?
> But I am willing to do so if after a few days of test there is no
> regression compared to the current state.

Please keep in mind that the release team raised valid concerns. And on
any account it is important to treat them with respect. They are doing a
challenging job on a challenging time frame. You know Debian Stable is
called stable for a reason! To ensure that it requires excellent
cooperation between the package developers and the release time. Please
respect that.

I recommend against posting to the bug report, the Qt/KDE team is doing
a marvelous job at arguing in favor of having at least the packages with
changes or at least with non-cosmetic changes from 5.27.5 in Bookworm.
Please let them do their job. In case you installed 5.27.5 from
experimental, tested it and like to vote on its stability, please do so
here. And for not on the bug report. Someone from the Qt/KDE team can
point to the thread with the votes if need be.

Plasma 5.27.5 installed here.

% aptitude install -t experimental '~i ~V5\.27\.2'

% dpkg -l | grep "5\.27\.2"
[… no output …]

I bet there is a variant for this for "apt" as well, but I never looked
it up.

Please only do so if you are willing to help testing and are careful
about reading apt/aptitude output and about aborting the process in case
it likes to remove packages you'd rather want to keep. Here I had no
issues with upgrading, but that does not mean that it works on your
system as well.

Best,
--
Martin