Re: Runit with KDE Plasma: krunner current working directory /

Reinhard Karcher - 10.02.23, 15:20:49 CET:
> I have a different system: Debian SID/Testing with usrmerge, systemd
> and bash, and I see the expected behavior: cwd linked to /home/USER.
> So I suspect, that it is not caused by KDE/QT.

Just for the record:

Sometimes the truth is not that digital.

It appears to be that there is a relation with an upstream change that
affects anything except Systemd.

krunner starts applications with cwd "/" with init system other than
systemd (openrc, runit, ...)

https://bugs.kde.org/432975

Plasma appears to use different code paths for systemd and non systemd
startup:

https://blog.davidedmundson.co.uk/blog/plasma-and-the-systemd-startup/

Will be looking with upstream and/or Debian's other init team whether a
solution can be found or… apply a work-around.

Best,
Martin

--
Martin