Re: KDE Connect started working

10 Oct 2022, 11:55 by gary@extremeground.com:
> Yes, I went through all that when I initially tried KDEconnect. I haven't touched the firewall since. And I haven't updated the router firmware. It's probable that something has changed on the phone, computer or both.
>
> It's been a weird couple of days. Yesterday, my Kodi setup on my Raspberry Pi fixed itself too. Again, I hadn't touched it in about a week but when I tried it yesterday, everything was working again.

I figured you did the obvious, but wanted to suggest it just in case. Sounds like a firewall matter to me, especially if devices are "magically" fixing themselves.

One of the reasons I refuse to buy a Samsung phone is because they use their own firmware fiddling software instead of the perfectly usable ADB. Now that KDEConnect is (somewhat) working, are there features that aren't? I use a Pixel, so I'm curious what lockdowns other manufacturers might put on the OS that might affect KDEConnect.