Has anyone gotten KAddressBook to work with anything?

I understand that KDE PIM changes are coming down the pike. I'm on testing. From what I can see, there have been no updates in the past couple days to KDE PIM-related packages on my system.

I have tried to get KAddressBook to work with vCard directories - an effort which mostly seemed to work but was not portable. Most recently, I've set up a local Radicale server. Although KAddressBook was able to import my address book and upload to Radicale, this seems to have been a one-off. Since then:

1. New contacts created in KAddressBook do not upload to Radicale despite resyncs, restarts, and reboots.
2. Moving contacts from one Radicale address book to another Radical address book from within KAddressBook causes KAddressBook to create duplicates.
3. Clearing the cache in Akonadi console nuked the address book in KAddressBook. Fortunately, Radicale is, at this writing, untouched.
4. I cannot find anything in the Apache, Radicale, uWSGI, System or Akonadi logs that would indicate what, if any, problem there is.

My Android on DAVx5 does sync to Radicale, so I know that at least one client works over the LAN.

I know that many former users of KDE PIM recommend "Ditch it. Akonadi does not, has not, nor will ever work." However, since I like the advertised features of KDE PIM, I'm hoping that diagnosing a configuration error or an upstream patch might fix the problem enough for me to keep using KDE PIM rather than abandon it.