Re: Akonadi using 100% CPU resources

On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:10:55AM +0100, piorunz wrote:

> > > $ sudo apt purge akonadi-server
> > [...]
> > > The following packages will be REMOVED:
> > >    akonadi-server* kaddressbook* kde-standard* kdepim-runtime* kmail*
> > > knotes* korganizer* task-kde-desktop*
> > > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> > Correct.
> >
> > > Printing gone. Libreoffice gone. Speech gone. That's what I can see here.
> > No, you should learn to read the apt output before drawing conclusions.
> >
> I probably know what you mean. Thanks. You mean I can install them
> manually, and they will stay as manually installed?
I mean nothing changes about these packages except for apt now thinking
they can be safely removed when the user asks for that, and even that can
be changed by marking packages you need with `apt-mark manual`.

> So only akonadi-server* kaddressbook* kde-standard* kdepim-runtime*
> kmail* knotes* korganizer* task-kde-desktop* will be gone effectively?
That's what the command output says.

> Shouldn't I have task-kde-desktop installed to track all packages
> required by entire KDE? So my Testing system evolves with changing deps?
Well, if you want "entire KDE" you want Akonadi.

--
WBR, wRAR