Re: Akonadi using 100% CPU resources

On 15/04/2022 11:07, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 11:05:03AM +0100, piorunz wrote:
Yes, totally. Why this abomination cannot be uninstalled without pulling
half of KDE out?
This is definitely not true.

$ sudo apt purge akonadi-server
[...]
The following packages will be REMOVED:
   akonadi-server* kaddressbook* kde-standard* kdepim-runtime* kmail*
knotes* korganizer* task-kde-desktop*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 8 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Correct.

Printing gone. Libreoffice gone. Speech gone. That's what I can see here.
No, you should learn to read the apt output before drawing conclusions.

I probably know what you mean. Thanks. You mean I can install them
manually, and they will stay as manually installed?
So only akonadi-server* kaddressbook* kde-standard* kdepim-runtime*
kmail* knotes* korganizer* task-kde-desktop* will be gone effectively?

Shouldn't I have task-kde-desktop installed to track all packages
required by entire KDE? So my Testing system evolves with changing deps?

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/