Re: Akonadi using 100% CPU resources

Martin Steigerwald - 15.04.22, 10:31:15 CEST:
> What I do on systems where I do not use Akonadi – it may even work
> well on systems where it is used – is to replace
> "akonadi-backend-mysql" by "akonadi-backend-sqlite". That way I get
> rid of an additional full blown database process.
>
> I usually also stop Akonadi with
>
> akonadictl stop
>
> And then do
>
> rm -r ~/.local/share/akonadi
>
> rm -r ~/.config/akonadi

Well on those systems where I do not use Akonadi and switch to SQLite3.

Please do not do this without having a good reason to do it, in case you
actually use Akonadi.

There is potential data loss – i.e. loosing mails, appointments,
contacts – in there, since Akonadi is unfortunately not just a read
cache, but a time-limited – or unlimited in case of a certain
conditation – write cache where things may end to be stored just in the
database for a limited or even an unlimited time ("item without RID"
message in akonadictl fsck).

--
Martin