Re: Wayland in current KDE

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:10:35AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> I tried Wayland recently. Looked ok, but was hardly usable. The Panels
> show, but don't accept any mouse clicks (neither left nor right).

Two months later, this situation is still the same. Panels are
unuseable in KDE Plasma in a Wayland session on my machine.

> "Leave" in the desktop's right-click menu didn't work either, had to
> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace myself out of the session.

The desktop right-click menu works now, and one can now leave the Plasma
Wayland session. Ctrl-F2 works as well, so I can now start applications
which seem to work alright.

When I start a konsole, there is no ssh-agent (probably as there is no X
session, what is the mechanism to have ssh-agent in a Wayland session?),
and when I manually start an ssh-agent, connect it to my yubikey and
then ssh to a server, I don't get the prompt asking for my confirmation
to use the key. Hence, no connection.

I also do not have anything that matches "wayland" in system-settings.

My machine was built 2020, has a Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G CPU, I am using the
builtin GPU, amdgpu, I have Debian unstable and a recent kernel. The
following wayland-related packages are installed in addition to a
reasonably complete and current KDE from today:

kwayland-data, kwayland-integration, kwin-wayland,
kwin-wayland-backend-drm, libkf5waylandclient5, libkf5waylandserver5,
libkwaylandserver5, libqt5waylandclient5, libqt5waylandcompositor5,
libva-wayland2, libwayland-client0, libwayland-cursor0, libwayland-egl1,
libwayland-server0, plasma-wayland-protocols, plasma-workspace-wayland,
qtwayland5, and xwayland.

If this should work, who needs to know about the bug?

Greetings
Marc