Re: Plasma 5.24 coming to unstable

bruno zanetti - 28.02.22, 15:15:14 CET:
> Il giorno lun 28 feb 2022 alle ore 14:50 Miguel A. Vallejo
> <ea4eoz@gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
> > The question is:
> >
> > Why is APT not smart enough to see that the proposed upgrade will
> > fail?
> >
> > It always starts to install packages and at some point fails because
> > some package needs another package with a specific version. Why does
> > it not detect these cases after starting upgrading packages? It
> > knows
> > the versions available for every package so it should prevent these
> > problems.
> >
> > Is it a bug or a missing APT feature?
>
> I think the problem in which you incurred  is not related to an APT
> bug or (missing) feature but rather a packaging bug (
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1006538) that has
> been catched (and fixed) in sid.
> After all this is just the purpose of sid.

Yes.

And really, to everyone who is complaining:

Debian Sid is also called Debian Unstable.

For a reason!

Either be prepared to handle the occasional glitch – in this case the
glitch could be handled by using the appropriate dpkg force option.

Or don't use it.

It is really as simple as that.

Best.
--