Re: Plasma 5.24 coming to unstable

Le 27/02/2022 à 16:41, Patrick Franz a écrit :
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, but too late for me: my KDE is broken now.
You should ideally warn one or two days before packages are uploaded.
I'm sorry about the mistake I made in plasma-workspace, but it's fixed
and Plasma 5.24 installs cleanly now.

As for the advice, we've stated this multiple times to not mix versions.
Plasma is quite the dependency hell and it's incredibly difficult to
both get it right and prevent unintended consequences at the same time.

I disagree with having to give a warning 2 days in advance. If you run
unstable, you should read mailing-lists, hang around in IRC and/or
install apt-listbugs.

I use testing, but should be careful also (some pacakges do not go into testing as soon as the others). My question is always the same : How do I know wether all plasma packages will upgrade or not ?

For the framework, I wait until I get the upgrade of plasma-framework package. But I do not know how to check that the upgrade will upgrade all installed plasma packages. Does someone have a trick for this ?