Re: Wayland in current KDE

On Út, 2022-02-01 at 20:09 +0100, chris wrote:
> On Monday, 31 January 2022 11:10:35 CET Marc Haber wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I tried Wayland recently. Looked ok, but was hardly usable. The
> > Panels
> > show, but don't accept any mouse clicks (neither left nor right).
> > "Leave" in the desktop's right-click menu didn't work either, had
> > Ctrl-Alt-Backspace myself out of the session.
> >
> > Is this the expected beavior of a KDE Wayland session in current
> > Debian
> > unstable? If not, which package deserves the bug report?
>
> Here on old lenovo laptop with intel integrated gpu and external 4k
> monitor .
> The experience is, all in all, way better than what it was with X11.
> Chris

Hi,
how did you deal with screen layout changes when disconnecting laptop
from external monitor?
I mean - on xwindows, when i connect my laptop to dock, my primary
screen moves to external monitor, when i disconnect it moves back.

With wayland, all panels and windows stayed on laptop screen, when I
plugged laptop to dock.

I wanted to try wayland, because my browsers (edge, chromium) sometimes
does this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRIkewXZga4

and i think it's xwindows related

Libor