Re: Akonadi > Agent Google Groupware behavior

> It MUST be a problem within kdepim/akonadi-google-resource. Why:
> I have installed too Manjaro Linux AND Debian Testing (both in virtualbox).
> Same result -> no syncing nor calendar neither contacts of my google-account.

Yes, there seems to be no easy solution for now. Quoting from a recent
email to kde distributions list
> as you might have seen. Google killed one API that Akonadi was using to retrieves the contacts.
> This completely breaks the Akonadi google resource as it expects the API to still work.
>
> While a solution doesn't exist yet for this, a workaround exists: disabling the address book
> feature for the google resource. This will unbreak at least the calendar part.

That means we need to patch kdepim, that will disable address book
integration, but at least get the rest working again.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research     +    IFMGA Guide     +    TU Wien    +    TeX Live