Re: Future of "his" packages in Debian

Hi Luc,

the DAMs decision is extremly frustrating for Debian KDE users and given the
short statement on debian-user

it is at least not clear to me if they seriously searched for a solution which
would have served better all involved parties and the Debian (KDE) users. This
message even increases the doubt, that searching for such a solution was a
priority for them

https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2019/01/msg00186.html

I used the ... which the DAMs created in Debian KDE as opportunity and
installed on a new desktop Manjaro stable instead of Debian to experiment with
it (I still have Debian bullseye desktops in use). As a Debian stable user I
considered manjaro more appropriate than Arch.

Kmail 5.19.0/21.12.0 in manjaro stable was a pleasant surprise. Even though it
is newer than Kmail in Debian unstable, the manjaro stable upgrade to 21.12.1
is downloaded while I am writting. I am curious to see how this experiment
goes in the next months in particular the updates. The good thing for Open
Source users is that we have choice if things go into the wrong direction
somewhere :-)

Rainer