Re: User settings error

Il 02/11/21 15:14, lists.debian@netc.eu ha scritto:

Hello to all,

I just installed a new Debian 11 system, and I choose KDE Plasma as my desktop environment.
I only having a problem by change my users settings.

At my Debian install, I define a root user account. After install, I've tried to go to the settings/user settings and I found that I can't change any setting on my users :

1. First I hed just one user, "marc". I tryed to add an email and make it an "Administrator", but I had an error when applying the changes.
2. I then try to add a 2nd user "cat". It did work, but when I try to change it to admin or add the email address, I had the same error than before.
3. Using the terminal, I add "marc" to the sudoers file. But even than I wasn't abble to add the users email or change "cat" account to admin.

Can youpeople help me to figure out what is happening?

Thanks in advance for all your help,

Best regards,
Marc

I had the same problem.

org.kde.kcm_users: "org.freedesktop.Accounts.Error.Failed" "file '/home/mario/.face' is not a regular file"

If I choose an avatar seems working
--
Saluti, Luca Pedrielli