Re: Broken KDE in Sid/Unstable

On 19/09/2021 17:16, Miguel A. Vallejo wrote:
The main drawback I see every time KDE gets updated is that everything
changes. Few weeks ago the main menu changed to a ugly one with too
big icons... and no way to get back the old one. Today the taskbar
reappeared with an "only icons" version. Once I changed the widget to
the traditional one I just have too much text in taskbar items...

KDE is a constant fight between the user keeping things like he wants
and the developers changing everything to a worse / uglier version.

Problems you are describing are happening because you using are Sid.
This is not KDE's fault. Packages in Sid are landing when they are
ready, without checking for dependences, that's how Sid is designed to
be. You are doing full upgrades, which are breaking your system. This is
very often accuring after new stable release, which happened last month.
You don't know how to use Sid properly - you should be using Testing,
not Sid. Next time Sid can pull out half of your system, not just some
KDE packages, because you are full-upgrading without reading.

If you want to stay with Sid, I recommend at least start using backups
and do safe upgrades, not full upgrades, and *read*.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org