Re: Will be Plasma available on backports?

Hi Nick,

> Norbert, of course it's too early to say for sure, but what is your
> feeling about what KDE Plasma will require during the Bookworm dev

My guess is that:
- Qt6 based releases (frameworks6 and Gears something) will come out
- we will have a hard time getting Qt6 into Debian
- we might end up with the last Qt5 based stack in bookworm

Under these circumstances, backporting seems possible.

It all hangs on whether we get Qt6 packaged. Here is the biggest lack of
man power and knowledge.

Best

Norbert

Fujitsu Research  +  IFMGA Guide  +  TU Wien  +  TeX Live  + Debian Dev