Re: Plasma 5.21.1 in Experimental

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Karcher - 26.02.21, 13:31:09 CET:
> Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2021, 13:11 schrieb Norbert Preining:
[…]
> > > Any aptitude / apt foo magic recommendation? Otherwise I try to
> > > come up with something myself.
> >
> > Many options, I usually do
> >
> > 	aptitude -t experimental
> >
> > and then select all the plasma etc related packages, that normally
> > works nicely.
>
> I use the command:
> aptitude install '~i ~V5\.21\.1' -t experimental
> for Version 5.21.1.
> apt should work with the same options, but I didn't test it.

Thanks, Luc, Norbert and Reinhard!

I went with this one. It worked out of the box.

So far 5.21.1 appears to be working just fine.

I wondered about having to specify from which version to which version
to upgrade, but I see now, if the version number is unique enough I can
get away with just specifying the target version. I like that approach.
Of course its still important to watch the output for any package that
should not be in there.

Have a great weekend,
--
Martin