Re: Kmail2 - Configure Special Window Setting: does not register (sid)

Hey,

in the weekly news from KDE[1] I stumbled over:
KDE apps which where closed while maximized now always re-open maximized, and
if they were later un-maximized and closed, they will re-open un-maximized
(Nate Graham, Frameworks 5.79)

That sounds really like the your detected issue. Okay than the issue is, that
write and read code are not synchronised ;)

hefee

[1] https://pointieststick.com/2021/02/05/this-week-in-kde-kwin-gains-direct-scan-out-and-gwenview-gets-a-lot-of-love/
[2] https://bugs.kde.org/430521