Re: Kmail2 - Configure Special Window Setting: does not register (sid)

Hey,

> Now, since the constant opening of kmail2 in full screen mode is quite a
> pita, I went in system settings and created the rule from there, and then
> did the action taking a snapshot of the windows properties, and then
> selected "force" for the window size.
>
> That sequence of action has just no effect at all.
>
> Really it just seems as though, kmail2 is using another window manager
> altogether.
>
> Is it?
>
> Like it is using old components and is not integrating well with kwin?

the special window settings are only inside kwin and have nothing to do with
the application you configure. That's why you can also modify GTK applications
or tk applications. But on the other side there is this state storage of the
windows, that may interfere in here. Have a look inside ~/.config/kmail2rc
there you see this State keys, that represent the geometric representation of
the windows. I would suggest to delete those keys from kmail2rc, when kmail is
not running.

hefee