Re: Kmail2 - Configure Special Window Setting: does not register (sid)

On Saturday, January 16, 2021 5:26:18 PM CET you wrote:
> Since I was upset with Kmail always opening in fullscreen, I decided to let
> go of fixing things, and instead force it to do what I want through `Alt
> f3` "configure special window settings".
>
> So I just do that, and click OK, in the dialog, and then the screen flashes
> as it usually do in that specific situation, and then the "settings" window
> is gone, just as it does nowadays, and then I go in "settings" and "windows
> rules", in order to set the specific parameters I want it to assume, and
> then:
>
> dah-dah! Nothing. Nothing it registered at the name "Kmail", or "Kmail2" as
> the dialog called it.
>
> I already have four of them, three of them long standing, and one newly
> created, for firefox, which was stubbornly opening in very small window, and
> that I had to tame (as a matter of fact it started behaving like a bad
> application a few week ago too).
> Anyway, I usually know how it works.
>
> The long standing are emacs konsole and okular and are of the "application"
> persuasion.
>
> The new one is of "window settings" sort.
>
> Anyway, following these directions, it doesn't work, doesn't do anything;
> but it duly flashes the screen, showing it did do some real work in the
> configure window setting line.
>
> Weird.
>
> I tell you if I have more data.
> Chris
>
> PS: I did `rm -rf ~/.kde4`, in order to remove all easy and safe to remove
> settings and config things, as I've been recently suggested to do, some
> times before the above thing.

So as I said, Alt-F3 on kmail, and special windows setting, does not register
nothing.

Now, since the constant opening of kmail2 in full screen mode is quite a pita,
I went in system settings and created the rule from there, and then did the
action taking a snapshot of the windows properties, and then selected "force"
for the window size.

That sequence of action has just no effect at all.

Really it just seems as though, kmail2 is using another window manager
altogether.

Is it?

Like it is using old components and is not integrating well with kwin?

---

I've just dist-upgraded, and tried everything again.

Alt-f3 > special window setting does not register rules for kmail,
Neither does special application settings

And if trying to force things by going to configure window manager and crating
an entry there. Well the entry is created but has no effect.