Re: windows visual preferences messed up after log-in

Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2021, 16:46:10 CET schrieb inkbottle:
> Hi all,

++

> Since an odd fortnight to a month, many default visual parameters are weird.
> Let me be more specific:
>
> Every times I open Kmail, the "list" part of the main window, "subject",
> "senders", "date", are crammed to the left. Just to the point you can't read
> anything meaningful. For instance all subjects are restricted to "Re:...".
>
> But the main point is, mouse-sliding the column separators, works only until
> you close the window: every time it is closed and then opened back again, the
> modifications I made to the column width are lost, and everything is again in
> its unreadable configuration.
>
> Errata: I've just check: it's every times you log-out log-in again.

Same here, on an oldish version of Kmail (5.9.3 as packaged on Debian/Buster).
Seeing the effect for some time longer, I guess. Not fully clear as of
when, exactly.

If you want to double your trouble, try switching between starting Kmail as
Kmail and Kmail within Kontact. Seems to add an extra layer of
settings-forgetfulness.

Might be an issue with the settings store, since in Buster, there has not
been an upgrade to KMail, but the odd behaviour was not apparent from the
beginning, at least not that I remember.

I have not checked with current KMail in Sid, which is far more recent
and also sits on top of a far more recent Frameworks. Might not make much
sense to report a bug against Buster now.

> [...]

(Bye)²,

	another Chris