konsole disappeared permanently

Hi all,

I've been meddling with konsole transparency through "configure special
application settings - configure window manager".

I've only introduced "active opacity" and "inactive opacity", set them to
"force" and dial them to, say, 20%. Then apply.

I was not satisfy by the result, as many people are, so I took step to
"remove" the properties. And did apply.

But then nothing changed. So I said to myself: maybe only the handle to the
property is removed...

So I reintroduced the properties, and set them to an intermediary position,
and force again, and apply, and

Ta-da, all konsole are vanished.

Like you can't see anything of them, whatever you do. Like too much of the
potion of the invisible man.

Since the transparency settings were realistic I did a reboot. But konsole
remained invisible.

Newly opened console: invisible, no way to see where it is, or if it is there
at all.

Ctrl-F10 not showing them.

But Alt-Tab do show them, in the side panel list, I mean. So you sort of can
select them.

And mouse-hover cursor is modified when above them. If the window is alone on
the screen, you can differentiate it from the background.

So I carefully managed to have the focus in one konsole, and pasted:

`qdbus org.kde.KWin /Compositor suspend`

phew!

I don't even know if it is fixable.

So temporarily no compositor. Too bad, I liked my compositor.

Also, I had to un-tick "enable compositor on startup", otherwise, no more
konsole on reboot.

Note: settings are:
Crisp,
OpenGL 3.0
Automatic (tearing prevention ("vsync")
Only for shown windows
Allow applications to block conposition (un-ticked)

My system is "last week" sid; without the experimental plasma, just plain sid.

Thanks,
Chris