Re: Wohooo! Plasma 5.20 and KF 5.77 coming to unstable

On Wed, 2020-12-23 at 14:28 +0100, Sedat Dilek wrote:

> > I still find not having the SSH/GNUPG agent running under Wayland,
> > as a
> > blocker and keep switching back to using `startx`
> >

> Interesting NoGo and really annoying.
>
> Hehe, I cannot remember all the options to start(X) from a terminal
> or
> to create modelines for X manually.

I should emphasize why I use `startx` for my desktop session. Because
the recommended login manager for KDE, i.e. SDDM, does not allow root-
less Xorg.

I see there's a bug report on the upstream page for it but nobody has
bothered to work on this integration bug (for years).

I realized that I cannot wait for another decade for such integration
issues to be fixed, nor can I live with too many glitches with Wayland,
and neither can I dedicate my skilled time to fixing these integration
issues myself; so just live with whatever best can be made out.

:-)

Happy holidays to all.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf | http://people.debian.org/~rrs