KDE Stops opening new programs

Hello

I'm experiencing a weird behaviour from KDE for a few days with an up to date debian unstable. From time to time it stops opening new programs, and programs already opened are unable to display dialogs. I suspect it is unable to open any new window.

Keeping a terminal open I tried to launch new programs when the problem appears and I get this error:

"Maximum number of clients reached Error: cannot open display: :0"

Tried xrestop and it is full of entries with PID as ? and Identifier ""Qt Selection Owner for thumbnail.so"

Log out / in does not solve the problem, a system reboot is needed to return to normality (for a while)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance