Re: window manager crash

Il 03/08/20 20:14, Rainer Dorsch ha scritto:
Hi,

I have for one user on a Debian 10 system an issue which looks like a window
manager crash. I.e. one application (e.g. kmail) is full screen w/o window
decoration. I can start new apps using the (former) K-menu, they also start
immediately fullscreen.  It is particularly likely to happen after a switch
user....

Can anybody advise on how to debug this? Or as a workaround to restart the
window manager. It seems also the keyboard is dead e.g. no input possible into
a console on that session (though swtiching to another VTT is still possible
(Alt+Ctrl+Fx).

alt+F2(krunner) is working?

if yes maybe you can try with

$ kquitapp5 plasmashell

$ kstart5 plasmashell

and restart plasma

If it is too hard to debug, is there a good way to reset all KDE configurations
for a user? Is

	mv .kde .kde.old
	mv .local .local.old
	mv .config .config.old

sufficient?

Any ideas on less drastic measures are welcome :-)

Thanks
Rainer

--
Saluti, Luca Pedrielli