Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

Dear Pino.

Pino Toscano - 07.07.20, 16:57:23 CEST:
> In data martedì 7 luglio 2020 09:06:20 CEST, Rainer Dorsch ha scritto:
> > Am Sonntag, 5. Juli 2020, 15:48:55 CEST schrieb Norbert Preining:
> > > Hi Dietz,

> > > I don't think this is welcome here, since also on the IRC channel
> > > I was told not to advertise my repositories.
> >
> > Since this is already speculation, can anybody who has concerns with
> > announcements or user reports of Norbert's super uptodate KDE
> > packages for Debian here on the list share them?
>
> I do.

Thank you for sharing your objection.

> > I hope with an open minded and solution
> > oriented discussion they can be addressed and resolved....
>
> "open minded" is not exactly the way somebody has been solving the
> problem of helping a team in Debian.

I do not like the wording of this sentence. How you speak about Norbert
as "somebody".

> It is definitely not nice to see that all the work & efforts in many
> years are happily thrown down the loo by
> - publicity stunts
> - binary-only repos because "one person [not anymore working in the
>   team] said something bad to me, so it's all team fault"
> - blogs filled with untrue facts and on the borderline of insults

I don't know what to do with this.

I have heard two contradicting point of views and do not bring them
together. And some blaming of each other. Unfortunately I have never
seen that blaming someone else solved any issue.

And I see that someone offered to help but it did not work out. Due to
what exactly is still unclear to me but it seems that there have been
disagreements in how to work on the packages.

> Deepily unmotivated,

I am sad to read this.

I appreciate all the quality work you have done on KDE applications /
release service and other packages.

Thank you.

At the same time I appreciate that Norbert works on providing more up to
date packages for Plasma and KDE Frameworks (I think applications are
mostly the same versions currently).

I see everyone wanting to help in their way, just it seems somehow it
does not go together.

Best,
--
Martin