Re: Status of Plasma 5.18/5.19?

On 28.06.20 02:08, Jeremy Potter wrote:
Hello everyone,

Debian Sid is still on Plasma 5.17, meanwhile 5.18 LTS and 5.19 have
already been released with 5.20 around the corner. I searched the mailing
lists and it seems like this was discussed a few months ago and the KDE
development team were working on a patch, and Norbert Preining (who is
controversial for some reason?) had created a third-party repository with
Plasma 5.18.

What is the status on this now? Is there anything I can do to help? I'm new
to Debian packaging but I've done packaging for another distro and I'm
willing to learn.

Thank you,
Jeremy (@jwinnie)

Hopefully this can be solved!
KDE Plasma no more being up-to-date in Debian/testing, not even in Debian/unstable, and also Qt itself moving to version 6 and having announced to change the license conditions by which KDE have used Qt in the past but appears to not be able to continue to use it in the future, all this together really invites for a public statement on the topic by the KDE developers and Debian maintainers of KDE packages. I assume that there are many worried KDE and Debian/KDE users around, and we are all looking forward to reading good news!
Marco Möller

PS: Like-minded with Jeremy, who nicely offered to become involved in the project, I am motivated to do the same. I never packaged anything, and my programing skills are humble, but I am open to receive mentoring and am willing to get into it!