Re: Correction of a Kmail-Akonadi Bug

On Monday, June 22, 2020 4:15:45 PM PDT Marco Möller wrote:
> On 22.06.20 23:31, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > Intentionally top posting: I might have missed it, but it would help me to
> > know which version(s) of Debian the two of you are using?
>
> I am now on Debian/testing ("bullseye"). As I said, I am very satisfied
> with KDE Plasma, running it on an Intel Core2Duo Laptop from about 2009,
> it is my daily 12 hours usage working horse.
> The severe akonadi app problems have been when I was on "stretch" when
> that one was Debian/stable, and I admit that since I skipped to use the
> mentioned apps I never tried to use them again. But the OP seems today
> to still have similar problems like I have had them on and off years ago
> already, his story did not surprise me at all.
> Marco.

Doesn't Akonadi only start when you launch a KDE PIM application like KMail?
If it's always running even when you're not using KDE PIM then it's an
upstream problem, right? It's bad design if an application is always running
even when you don't use it.

Jeremy

(This is my first time on the Debian mailing lists, so I apologize if there are
matters of etiquette that I did not observe)