Re: Okular slow search in PDF contents

Hi inkbottle,

On Dienstag, 5. Mai 2020 23:31:12 CEST inkbottle wrote:
> On Monday, May 4, 2020 2:59:28 PM CEST Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > for a few weeks I experience that the Okular search in the table
> > of contents of a PDF is very slow. I mean, you go to the search
> > bar right above the 'contents' and type in a word. While typing
> > searching is performed for every written letter.
>
> I never do that: I search in thumbnails instead. But for the purpose of
> telling you if and how it works on my system, I downloaded:
>
> https://www.scss.tcd.ie/~waldroj/3d1/arm_arm.pdf
>
> I did several searches, all of them returning within a second, or less. It
> didn't seem to take time at all.

Try this manual instead:

https://developer.arm.com/docs/ddi0487/latest/arm-architecture-reference-manual-armv8-for-armv8-a-architecture-profile

Go to the Contents search bar and enter

 esr

With okular 4:20.04.0-1 it takes more than 20 seconds on my Skylake
T470p (24GB RAM) until the search bar is responsible again and the 4
entries are found.

With okular 4:17.12.2-2.2 from Buster the same search takes less than
3 seconds.

Does anybody else have similar problems with current okular in Sid?

Thanks!

Frank