Re: Plasma 5.17.5 coming to unstable

Shmerl - 14.02.20, 22:49:40 CET:
> Is Plasma 5.18.0 planned soon too? It just came out recently.

Plasma 5.18.0 has just been released. I just read on several KDE mailing
lists that 5.18 has quite some bugs and regressions, especially for a
long term release¹ ².

I would wait till at least 5.18.1, maybe even better 5.18.2.

That written, I don't know what the plans are.

Right now I'd say KDE Frameworks are much more in need of an update, as
5.62 is quite old, and bug fixes in there affect Plasma as well. So Plasma
5.17 may (!) be working better with a newer frameworks release.

[1] Nate Graham, Plasma 5.18 release post-mortem

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/plasma-devel/2020-February/111114.html

[2] Nate Graham, Cherry-pick to fix layout mutability regression

https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/distributions/2020-February/000350.html

Best,
--
Martin