Re: Capslock / Numlock indicator not work in KDE (& sddm)

For some reason, both Jimmy and Luca insist on connecting this to the
wrong problem:

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 01:30:01 -0800
Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/25/19 7:10 AM, Franklin Weng wrote:
> > luca.pedrielli <agoiza@gmail.com> 於 2019年11月25日 週一 22:44
> >>
> >> Numlock problems had already been reported
> >>
> >> https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2019/09/msg00033.html
> >>

> > Not sure, but it looks like not the same problem.  My problem is
> > about the indicator not the status itself.  The NumLock/Capslock
> > status is correct according to the xset -q.
>

> The settings for numlock have changed in testing kde5.
> I think the systemsettings, input device module is suppose to be
> handling numlock on/off at sddm start.

And Luca, later:

Everything Luca and Jimmy are mentioning is about the state of
numlock when sddm or plasma start.

This is *not* what Franklin or I are talking about. We are talking
about Caps/Num Lock being at the state they should be, as set by
pressing the relevant keys. It is only the visual indicators which are
not working -- the systray icons in plasma, and the caps-is-on warning
in the lock or login screen.

Thanks,
	Shai.