Re: Is KOrganizer broken only for me?

On Fri, 8 Nov 2019 at 05:12, Sandro Knauß <hefee@debian.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I can't reproduce this with my sid system. And the attached event I created
> the day before yesterday. You clicked at this all day checkbox, arn't you?

Definitely checked for this. I actually create events by selecting the
time block in the calendar then right-clicking and selecting New Event
to make an event.

> You should enable debugging and start korganizer in a shell to see the output.
>
> to enable debugging you need to write the file ~/.config/QtProject/qtlogging.ini
> with following content:
>
> [Rules]
> *.warning=true
> *.critical=true
>
> *=true
>
> qt.*=false
> sonnet.*=false
>
> Keep in mind to delete this file or change *=true with *=false afterwards,
> otherwise your xsession log will grow very fast.

I've uploaded the logfile to https://paste.debian.net/1116151/ . Link
is valid for 3 days. I created and then deleted an event using the
process described above: select a free time period on the agenda view,
right-click to create an event, put in a simple title, close and then
delete the event by right-clicking. Again, the event spanned the whole
day. As the comment at line 107 indicates, the next line repeated over
3000 times, so I deleted those repetitions.

My guess is that something's gone evil or broken in Akonadi. I'd be
happy to wipe the database and start from scratch, but I'm not quite
sure the right way to do that. I tried deleting the calendar folder
store in Akonadi and re-adding it, but that didn't help.

I'm very grateful for your help.