Re: phonon-backend-gstreamer-common has been kept back

Hi

> I don't have that problem on my Sid box.
> Can you share the output/result of
> "aptitude safe-upgrade phonon-backend-gstreamer-common" ?

Here it is:

~# aptitude safe-upgrade phonon-backend-gstreamer-common
Resolving dependencies...
 phonon-backend-gstreamer-common{a}
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

> and if it's any different also from "full-upgrade"?

Yes, quite different:

~# aptitude full-upgrade phonon-backend-gstreamer-common
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 phonon-backend-gstreamer-common{u}
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 38.9 kB will be freed.
phonon-backend-gstreamer : Depends: phonon-backend-gstreamer-common (=
4:4.9.1-1) but it is not going to be installed

    Remove the following packages:
1)     jovie [4:16.08.0-1+b1 (now)]
2)     kde-runtime [4:17.08.3-2.1 (now)]
3)     kopete [4:17.08.3-2.1 (now)]
4)     phonon [4:4.10.3-2 (now)]
5)     phonon-backend-gstreamer [4:4.9.1-1 (now)]

    Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
6)     kdelibs5-plugins recommends kde-runtime
7)     libkopete4 recommends kopete (= 4:17.08.3-2.1)

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

    Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     phonon-backend-gstreamer-common [4:4.9.1-1 (now)]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

*** No more solutions available ***

And this is the apt output:

~# apt install phonon-backend-gstreamer-common
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
 espeak-ng-data festival festival-freebsoft-utils festlex-cmu
festlex-poslex festvox-kallpc16k icoutils kate-data katepart
kde-runtime-data kdelibs-bin kdelibs5-data kdelibs5-plugins kdoctools
kmouth libattica0.4 libbctoolbox1 libbzrtp0 libdbusmenu-qt2
libdotconf0 libespeak-ng1 libestools2.5 libgadu3 libgpgme++2v5
libilmbase23 libkabc4 libkactivities6 libkatepartinterfaces4
libkcmutils4 libkde3support4 libkdeclarative5 libkdesu5 libkdeui5
libkdewebkit5 libkdnssd4 libkemoticons4 libkfile4 libkhtml5 libkio5
libkjsapi4 libkjsembed4 libkldap4 libkmediaplayer4 libkmime4
libknewstuff2-4 libknewstuff3-4 libknotifyconfig4 libkntlm4 libkopete4
libkparts4 libkpimidentities4 libkpimtextedit4 libkpimutils4 libkpty4
libkresources4 libkrosscore4 libktexteditor4 libmeanwhile1
libmediastreamer-base10 libmediastreamer-voip10 libntrack-qt4-1
libntrack0 libopenexr23 libortp13 libotr5 libpcaudio0 libphonon4
libplasma3 libpolkit-qt-1-1 libqca2 libqca2-plugins libqimageblitz4
libqjson0 libqt4-opengl libqt4-qt3support libqtwebkit4 libsolid4
libsonic0 libspeechd2 libthreadweaver4 libutempter0
ntrack-module-libnl-0 oxygen-icon-theme plasma-scriptengine-javascript
sound-icons speech-dispatcher speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins
speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng speech-dispatcher-festival
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
Suggested packages:
 phonon-backend-gstreamer phonon4qt5-backend-gstreamer
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 jovie kde-runtime kopete phonon phonon-backend-gstreamer
 phonon-backend-gstreamer-common
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 5 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 13.9 kB of archives.
After this operation, 32.2 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

I hope all these info helps

Thank you.