Re: KDE PIM 19.08.2 in experimental

Am 08.11.19 um 16:08 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
Sandro Knauß - 08.11.19, 11:05:44 CET:
I started to upload KDE PIM 19.08.2 to experimental. It should be
functional, if it is compiled. As I switched the way how KDEPIM is
handled (I now use virtual packages instead of symbolsfiles), it
can't detect if "external applications" are  broken. This is fixed,
if I get green light for #942415:
https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/kdepim.html

Thank you very much. Looking forward to it!

I take this as an invitation to test it, once it has been build.

Of course, as it is still in experimental, I get to keep the pieces if
things break. I would report back to this list on any issues and report
anything that is a bug as a bug then.

Okay, just as a warning:

I broke it.

apt dist-upgrade upgraded without any issues or warnings, yet, there are still not all packages at the right version and thus I am unable to start kmail, kontact or akgregator at the moment.

https://paste.debian.net/1115372/

So better wait a bit longer.

It might be a good idea to tighten some of the version dependencies so that this would not happen. However, I know this is experimental and if it breaks one gets to keep the piece.

I will try to update again later today to see if it fixes things.

Until then Thunderbard 70 will do or I will downgrade to 19.08 again.

Thanks,