Re: Akonadi 4:18.08.3-8 in experimental

Sandro Knauß - 24.09.19, 22:30:38 CEST:
> I uploaded Akonadi 4:18.08.3-8 to experimental, the main reason is,
> that I want to test further AppArmor support. If you use unstable,
> please give it a try and give feedback if you see any new issues.

Is not allowed to use pg_ctl to start PostgreSQL unless I do:

aa-complain postgresql_akonadi

Also the path in the profile seems to be correct.

Reported a bug about that but mistakenly thought there that above aa-
complain command did not help while it actually started Akonadi then.
Will update the bug report.

#941118: akonadi-server: fails to start after upgrade to 4:18.08.3-8:
apparmor denied access to pg_ctl

https://bugs.debian.org/941118

You may also like to include a fix to check return code of pg_ctl, so
that akonadictl also stops PostgreSQL with non english locale. I
reported a bug about this as well.

#941120: akonadi-backend-postgresql: fails to stop postgresql 11

https://bugs.debian.org/941120

Of course that would only make sense if you intend to brovide a backport
for buster, if not, I can wait till 19.08 packages.

> I will soon start packaging the current KDE Pim (19.08) packages.

Great. Looking forward to that! I am willing to set those from
experimental as well, in case you like to have some testers.

> Before starting building new version, I want to rebuild  pim packages
> in a different way, that hopefully improve the situations for testing
> users, as kdepim will only move to testing in one block and not like
> the last times, bit by bit with several days/weeks were it is
> unusable in testing.

That would be good.

Ciao,
--