Re: baloo in KDE Frameworks 5.62

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 7:12:05 PM CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I read in Nate Graham's blog a lot about improvements with Baloo I
> thought I'd rerun it again from scratch.
>
> I removed old index in ~/.local/share/baloo, made sure ~/.config/
> baloofilerc has "firstrun = true" and enabled it again.
>
> It did not take all that long and was a lot less visible. I played some
> game in between and did not notice any delays. Also the index is much
> smaller:
>
> % LANG=en balooctl status
> Baloo File Indexer is running
> Indexer state: Idle
> Total files indexed: 197,748
> Files waiting for content indexing: 0
> Files failed to index: 0
> Current size of index is 2.73 GiB
>
> I believe this is partly do to baloo not trying to index very large files
> and some other files that it looked at before, but I do not remember all
> of the changes. I just remember that there has been a lot a stability
> fixes.

I did the same.

It would be very nice is somebody with time (maybe on this list) would
contribute automatic rebuild of the Baloo index when fixes land in
KFileMetaData. That would be my hero!

I also did the same with the Elisa database to profit from fixes in
KFileMetaData and Baloo. I should stop sending mails and work on that ;-)

> Well let's see how it fares.
>
> Best,

Best regards