KMyMoney and PSD 2

Hi!

With some European banking institutes KMyMoney HBCI/FinTS transfer has
stopped working today. For one institute I have an account with I opened
a bug report in Debian as I believe that KMyMoney 5.0.6 will fix that
particular issue.

However, that issue is just about the necessary registration code.

Some banking institutes may start to require a second factor today or
soon. This is not yet covered by the version of AQBanking in Debian and
probably will need another update for KMyMoney.

This all means that unless backports are provided online banking with
HBCI/FinTS will basically stop working with more and more banking
institutes in Europe. I however appreciate that providing backports
would be quite some work for Qt/KDE team as well as AQBanking
maintainers, so if you depend on this feature the path of least
resistance might be to just switch to Debian Testing once the necessary
updates are in place.

I do not really think PSD 2 in its current form is a good idea. The
registration code does not provide any additional security since it is
just a number being transferred. And allowing FinTech startups API
access to banking accounts to me sounds like a very bad idea for privacy
and security. But those are the new regulations so, …

Please understand that both upstream and Debian teams are very small. So
please allow for some time to have this settled at least in Unstable /
Testing. My experience with past issues like where I could not use HBCI/
FinTS for a while has been that banking institutes keep transactions
available through it for quite a while, so I was able to catch up once
it started working again.

[1] kmymoney: please update to 5.0.6 so KMyMoney uses registration code
for PSD2

https://bugs.debian.org/940223

Best
--