Re: KDE Frameworks 5.61 coming

Hi Sandro.

Sandro Knauß - 13.09.19, 13:21:38 CEST:
> > >and not report about things uploaded to experimental (unless there
> >
> > Mistakes happen;  we're only human after all....
> > I think Sandro might have come across more harshly than was
> > intended.
> > Don't worry about it too much.
>
> Sure mistakes happen, I also do a lot of stupid stuff. My comment was
> formulated harshly and I'm very sorry for that! Thanks Brad for
> bringing this up. Only after your message I got back reading my
> message again and I noticed it that it was too harsh formulated.

Forgiven and forgotten. :) Indeed I felt hurt a bit but after
considering your message a later I found it to be quite neutral and
asking me to read more carefully was appropriate. Probably this being
quite neutral was part of why I reacted this way. I really wondered
whether my little information service would be appreciated. Aside from
that I wondered whether it was useful anyway some times already as I
usually receive the devel-changes messages and know my way with apt.

> What I really want to do is encourage people to participate in Qt/KDE
> Debian team and not scare them off.

And you did so. Still remember KDE Randa Meetings and Debconf in
Heidelberg :)

> As you may or may not know the Qt/KDE Debian team is unfortunately not
> very big and we are happy about everyone who want to join. And we
> find work for everyone, create/update documentation, update our
> website [1], organize meetings, create blog posts, do/organize bug
> triages, bring bug reports upstream, ...
> I can also offer to help people, that want to start with packaging!

It is challenging for me to allocate larger chunks of time at the
moment. But I try to help were I can. I thought about packaging
something in KDE space not yet packaged, but while I do some packaging
work – fio and fsmark packages, sponsored uploads so far, but I believe
especially the fio package is very good quality –, I often thought: Oh,
these GUI things are larger and much more complex. But well, maybe next
time I read about some KDE application not yet packaged, I may just ask
on #debian-qt-kde and… at least start something to see how it goes. I am
a bit scared about doing something that would not be good enough for the
archive, but when someone reviews it…

I am grateful that Scarlett joined the team. I appreciate that she
packaged some new stuff as well as updated some packages.

> I tend to write messages and forget, that the the audience I'm talking
> to don't know the terms I use or about the topic itself. I really
> enjoy explaining stuff, so if you have ANY question, feel free to
> ask.

I am really grateful for all your work on KDEPIM and on packaging it for
Debian. And I am really looking forward to the next major version KDEPIM
packaging update for Debian. I bet it is a lot of work and may even
require packages to go through NEW. And I understand that before that it
may be better to get updated KF5 packages into Sid and probably also
updated Plasma packages.

Ciao,
--
Martin