Re: KDE Frameworks 5.61 coming

Hey,

> >So I may continue to send those notices but aim at looking more careful
>
> AFAIAC, it's a good thing that you do.  You have a far better
> understanding of KDE/Plasma than me.  As a result, I get insights that
> would not be obvious to me.  For example, I managed to delete a whole
> load of redundant Qt4 stuff recently.  I would not have attempted to do
> so without your announcements here.
>
> So, again, thank you.

+1 from my side. I really also like that Martin is doing this kind of
communication. Thanks artin for sharing debian-kde@ the news from the Qt/KDE
Debian team.

> >and not report about things uploaded to experimental (unless there
>
> Mistakes happen;  we're only human after all....
> I think Sandro might have come across more harshly than was intended.
> Don't worry about it too much.

Sure mistakes happen, I also do a lot of stupid stuff. My comment was
formulated harshly and I'm very sorry for that! Thanks Brad for bringing this
up. Only after your message I got back reading my message again and I noticed
it that it was too harsh formulated.

What I really want to do is encourage people to participate in Qt/KDE Debian
team and not scare them off.

As you may or may not know the Qt/KDE Debian team is unfortunately not very
big and we are happy about everyone who want to join. And we find work for
everyone, create/update documentation, update our website [1], organize
meetings, create blog posts, do/organize bug triages, bring bug reports
upstream, ...
I can also offer to help people, that want to start with packaging!

I tend to write messages and forget, that the the audience I'm talking to
don't know the terms I use or about the topic itself. I really enjoy
explaining stuff, so if you have ANY question, feel free to ask.

Regards,

hefee

[1] https://qt-kde-team.pages.debian.net/