Re: Back to Amarok / building git on buster

Lars Schimmer - 22.08.19, 16:21:49 CEST:
> On 8/22/19 12:37 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Lars Schimmer - 22.08.19, 11:41:44 CEST:

> >> Ok, I try the hard way, building it from git source. I am a bit
> >> withlout knowledge, but lets try.
> >>
> >> Curerntly I hang at the MYSQL cmake task:
> >> Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MYSQL_LIBRARIES MYSQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
> >>
> >> As buster uses mariadb, which cmake options do I have to enter?
> >>
> >> thanks.
> >>
> >> (or has anyone a decent guide howto compile amarok git version on
> >> debian buster  ?)
> >
> > You may like to ask on the Amarok upstream mailing list.
> >
> > https://amarok.kde.org/en/support

> > Would be interested in your findings, i.e. whether it works at all.
> > As far as I saw Laurent put some KDE 4 => 5 migration code into
> > Amarok.
> Asked, and got a experimental PPA back, will test.
> But in general, Amarok looking for devs:
> "as sadly we have nobody with enough time and skills to port the
> context view applest to qml"
> This stops current amarok qt5 porting :-/
>
> So, if anyone has time, knowledge, and mood, feel free. I got no
> knowledge, for bad sake.

I see… well I would also take it without those. Just the collection /
directory browser and the playlist. Well, let's see. I have other
priorities at the moment and of course I do not demand anyone to do the
work. Its volunteer work after all. Also I would need to learn quite a
bit in order to be able to do the job.

But of course I hope that someone would eventually pick it up.

--
Martin