Re: Back to Amarok

On 8/22/19 9:23 AM, Geoff wrote:
> Borden Rhodes wrote:
>>
>> Not quite. As John mentioned, Amarok got pulled because it uses the
>> obsolete Qt4 libraries which Debian admins didn't want anymore. The
>> Amarok team is aware of it and working on the Qt5 upgrade:
>> https://amarok.kde.org/en/node/888
>>

> Last update March 7, 2018. I think it's a goner unfortunately. Trying to
> get used to clementine instead...

Updates to git are done this year, but progress is really sloooow.
Do not expect new amarok in 2020, for bad sake.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723