Re: KDEPIM 18.08.3 for Buster

Hi there,

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2019, 13:20:00 CET schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Sandro Knauß - 07.02.19, 00:33:
> > Hey,
> >
> > as Debian is already in freeze, the version of KDEPIM that will
> > shipped with the next stable is 18.08.3. That was uploaded same days
> > ago. There is no time to package 18.12.X sorry for that.
> > So please test this version in more depth and report issues. If you
> > also manage to point to existing bugfixes like done in #921535 it is
> > very likely we can ship a that bugfix also for Buster.
>
> The other issue I have since 18.08 packages is:
>
> Debian #921624: kmail: Crash during/after filtering inbox, probably
> related to Qt WebEngine integration
> https://bugs.debian.org/921624
>
> Crash during/after filtering inbox, probably related to Qt WebEngine
> integration
> https://bugs.kde.org/404052

Filed another one (since 18.08):

KMail (in Kontact) crashing upon start or shortly after
https://bugs.kde.org/405491

It might be related (or even duplicate) to #404052,
only that I do not need to have mails filtered for
KMail to crash. Looks like a QtWebEngine thing.

Just like Martin, I missed out on debug syms. Got them
installed now and trying to get another backtrace.

> I can add more backtraces to the upstream bug report. For some reason
> DrKonqi shortened the second backtrace I had it generate after fully
> upgrading to 18.08.3-1.
>
> At least this one produces a crash, instead of just stalling… for
> whatever reason.
>
> Thanks,

(Bye)²,

	Christian