Re: KDEPIM 18.08.3 for Buster

Hi,
i'm using EWS without problems for some time (well - sometimes, i have to
restart akonadi or it won't sync emails ...).
I have attached my setup as screenshot. (I have autodiscovery disabled and use
"user agent"="Outlook 2016" on other tab).

You have to install package kmailtransport-akonadi to be able to send emails
thru EWS.
This package is not recommended by any other package so it is not installed by
default.

Libor

On čtvrtek 7. února 2019 11:10:21 CET you wrote:
> Hello Sandro.
>
> Sandro Knauß - 07.02.19, 00:33:
> > as Debian is already in freeze, the version of KDEPIM that will
> > shipped with the next stable is 18.08.3. That was uploaded same days
> > ago. There is no time to package 18.12.X sorry for that.
> > So please test this version in more depth and report issues. If you
> > also manage to point to existing bugfixes like done in #921535 it is
> > very likely we can ship a that bugfix also for Buster.
>
> While I had hoped for KDEPIM 18.12, I certainly accept and understand
> your decision.
>
> I probably will test whether I can get Akonadi EWS with Office 365 – not
> my choice, mind you – to work for me with that version. So far I was not
> able to, but by triaging upstream reports I did not yet find one that
> applies to my situation. So maybe it is still a configuration issue on my
> side. Evolution with EWS just works fine, including calendar.
>
> Aside from that since KDEPIM/Akonadi 18.08 I see stalls when downloading
> POP3 messages from my private Dovecot server. Often Akonadi/KMail just
> sits there, according to atop apparently doing nothing, for up to a
> minute, before continuing as if nothing has happened. That behavior has
> been so erratic, that I did not yet invest more time to actually find out
> what is going on here. Sometimes it works normally and sometimes I see
> those stalls. I was disappointed cause I expected the work of Daniel¹ to
> improve performance of KDEPIM/Akonadi quite a bit and did not have those
> delays with earlier KDEPIM/Akonadi. According to akonadictl fsck there
> are quite some issues with my setup… and I wonder whether to recreate it
> once again as akonadictl fsck does not seem to fix any of those. However…
> that would be something for upstream mailing list kdepim-users (where I
> raised this issue quite some time ago).
>
> I know both upstream development and packaging it can use more hands. So
> I mean no offense to anybody with that.
>
> [1] https://www.dvratil.cz/2018/04/my-kde-pim-update/
>
> Thanks,

--------