Re: kdeconnect doesn't

On 2018-09-27 11:59 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
I keep reading wonderful things about KDEconnect but I've yet to experience them. My android phones can't see my Debian/Buster desktop and vice versa. Both devices are on the same network and I'm not running an internal firewall on my desktop.

I've been trying KDEconnect intermittently for many months, during which time I've had a couple different Android phones, but have yet to have any success. I have no indication of any other network issues on my home network.

Both IP addresses (phone & desktop) are assigned via DHCP, which is probably about as normal as you can get. Manually adding the desktop's current IP address to the phone app doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

I note also that I have a laptop running Debian/Stretch that also fails to see or be seen using kdeconnect. While this suggests a firewall issue, I don't have one running AFAIK.

The default Debian installation of iptables is supposedly allow all and I've run iptables commands to open the default kdeconnect ports but that didn't work either.

This shouldn't be an issue but I have also had 3 different routers since I first tried to use kdeconnect. It didn't work with any of them handing out IP addresses....

To recap: I have a Stretch laptop, Buster desktop and Android phone. They are all running kdeconnect but none of them can see the others.