Chromium prevents screen going into power saving mode

On my laptop, screen usually goes into power saving mode, after a few tens of
seconds. (this laptop never goes to sleep, generally speaking, but I like the
screen to turn itself off nevertheless)

In contrast, when I have an opened Chromium window, screen often never goes
into power saving mode.

I haven't found any comments, nowhere, regarding that, on the net.

I might want to file a bug about that, but since it might be "desktop
dependent", I prefer to ask you if you have observed this situation.

I can't see anything, but Chromium, at the origin of the screen remaining
turned on forever; occurrences point very consistently in that direction.

Pages that were opened this time, were:

Two google search pages;

Five pages there: https://orgmode.org/worg/ and
there: https://orgmode.org/manual/

And that: https://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/noweb/

So, as it is this time, nothing with aggressive advertising, or auto-playing
videos, or whatever in that line.

That issue, which I might be alone experiencing, is quite cumbersome, since it
forces me to close Chromium, even though I haven't finished reading what it is
I'm reading; that if I want my screen not to be prevented to go in power
saving mode.

Thanks,
Chris