Re: okular "cannot find latex executable"

On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:09:57 AM CEST Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 04:07:21AM +0200, inkbottle wrote:
> > But then, what happens for me, even though I've installed the "suggested"
> > texlive-binaries, and rebooted in between, is that I get a message saying
> > "cannot find latex executable".
>
> Well, texlive-binaries doesn't install latex. You probably need
> texlive-latex-base.

I installed texlive-latex-base as you suggested; which btw is not in any
dependency chain with Okular; and rebooted, one is never too sure.

Now I've got a different error message:
"A problem occurred during the execution of the 'latex' command"

The text in my inline note is:
hello $$a$$.

When I click on "details", there are no additional details.