Re: kdepim 17.12.3 entering unstable

Le jeudi 5 avril 2018, 10:37:58 CEST Sandro Knauß a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> > Since 2-3 days, kmail in unstable is much less "unstable". Before it was
> > crashing very often, now it crashes no more. I appreciate a lot.
>
> what exactly was crashing?

The program kmail, it disappeared completely.

It crashes while reading certain html messages, but it does not crash when I
am replying to mails.

Can there be a relation with graphic card driver ?

I have 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218 [GeForce
210] (rev a2) and I used nouveau.

There are 2-3 days, I installed xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-304xx and
kmail became more stable.

Yesterday I uninstalled xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-legacy-304xx and I have
again the same problems as befor.

> > But when I delete messages, they still appear in the list, and when I
> > delete them twice, they become grey in the liste.
> >
> > To make them disappear, I have to click on another folder and then return
> > to the incoming folder.
>
> do you use imap or pop? It sounds like the akonadi resource can't handle the
> requests within time...

I use pop

> For all if you face issues with KDE Pim, the first thing you should consider
> is to enable debug logging, so we have a better overview what is going on.
> To get debug logging you need to create/modify the file
> ~/.config/QtProject/qtlogging.ini with following content:
>
> [Rules]
> *.warning=true
> *.critical=true
>
> *=true
>
> qt.*=false
> sonnet.*=false

done

> and than restart akonadi (akonadictl restart) and you see the debug log in
> the konsole.

# akonadictl restart
D-Bus session bus is not available!
Abandon

> Keep in mind to remove the file again / or change *=true to *=false
> afterwards, otherwise your .xsession-errors will fill up with all the
> output.

Ok

Klaus